A freshly cooked home meal every night sounds a lot more appealing until you’re in the kitchen for the third night in the row, with no idea what to cook. That’s why I prefer cooking meals that last, my wife and I at least two nights. Preparation for this meal takes about 10-15 min (depending on your cutting skills), and total cooking time is 1 hour. Please note that I only use free-range chickens, I would recommend you consider doing the same 🙂
Alright, so what do you need?
- One free-range Chicken
- 500g Sweet Potatoe
- 500g Butternut
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Switch the oven on – set to 180 Degrees C.
- Create a working space: place all your ingredients together and get out that chopping board.
- Lekker now – you’re organised! The best chefs are 🙂
- Cut up all your sweet potatoes into small cubes, and do the same with the butternut. Clean up station. Place aside.
- Crush garlic, place aside.
- Get yourself a tray or dish, gooi some oil (not too much) to grease.
- Place your chicken in the middle and rub the oil with S&P, squeeze some lemon, and I place a few small butter cubes of butter on top, so it melts into the chicken.
- Gooi the rest of your tatoes and nuts, some more S&P, plus a sprinkle of cinnamon, and pop into the oven.
- Set the timer for 1 hour, with a turn of the chicken and veg at the middle mark (thirty-minutes).
- Once plated, sprinkle a drizzle of honey over the veg 😉 Enjoy!
SIMple 🙂 Let us know you’re thoughts?
Leave a Reply